Support the Minnesota Book Awards
The Minnesota Book Awards is a year-round process involving nominations, judging, and the selection of finalists and winners. More importantly, the Awards is a statewide outreach program connecting readers to the work of Minnesota authors. Last year, more than 100 individuals volunteered their time and talents to support the Book Awards. Nearly 300 books by Minnesota authors were nominated. And, over 700 booklovers, publishers and writers attended the gala Awards ceremony — thousands more watched on public television.
The Book Awards increases readership of Minnesota books and raises the profile of our state’s authors. As you consider a gift in support of the Book Awards, please keep in mind the following:
- More than 1,200 nominated books were donated to Minnesota libraries following the Book Awards gala, increasing the accessibility of these books statewide.
- Tens of thousands of Book Awards outreach materials – bookmarks, posters, DVDs, and reading guides – were distributed free to libraries, schools and booksellers.
- More than 2,000 votes were cast last year for the Readers’ Choice Award.
- Over 40 free programs featuring finalists and winners, sponsored by the Book Awards, were held in libraries and other venues across the state.
- At least 300 ads and “earned media” appeared in newspapers and on TV and radio all over the state promoting the Awards and its related programs. And many stories mentioning the Minnesota Book Awards were published nationally, as finalists and winners continue to make an impression on the literary scene.
The Book Awards is poised to reach ever-increasing numbers of readers with the powerful stories and words of our state’s authors. Your help is critical to continuing this important work. Donations are tax-deductible and dedicated solely to the Book Awards. Please make a donation today. Thank you for your support.
Ensure the Future of the Minnesota Book Awards
The Friends is creating a Minnesota Book Awards endowment which will ensure the longevity of this important program, and through 2011, the Katherine B. Andersen Fund of The Saint Paul Foundation has provided a generous challenge grant of $10,000 to match individual gifts dollar-for-dollar. In order to broaden the reach of the Book Awards to every corner of the state, fully celebrate the literary contribution of our state’s writers and publishers, and encourage writing and reading by all members of our community, great and small, please support the Minnesota Book Awards Endowment.
The Minnesota Book Awards is a Capital City project, led by The Friends of the Saint Paul Public Library, in consortium with the Saint Paul Public Library and the City of Saint Paul. Outreach partners for the Book Awards include the Metropolitan Library Service Agency (MELSA), The Minnesota Department of Education-State Library Services and the Minnesota Library Association (MLA).